https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=J92J2F8LA8554
Bitterroot Star Ads
Kearns and Sons
Guest Comment/Star Editorial

Mill Canyon clmbing concerns continue

By Gary Milner and Jennifer Knell, Corvallis, and others listed below From the newspaper we learned that Michael Moore and Dane Scott of Missoula are developing Mill Creek in the Bitterroot as a climbing destination. A blogger, Ken Turley also promotes the area via a website (Millcreek.blogspot.com). As local residents we see changes to the…

Letters to the Editor

Kudos to Stevensville mayor and town personnel

I clearly state, before the reader proceeds, I am a personal friend of Mayor Gene Mim Mack and that all of the following information is gathered from local publications and/or my own personal experience. Congratulations to the residents in Stevensville, Town Council members, employees of the town, and to Mayor Gene Mim Mack for…

Many lives affected by Foss’s bad decisions

Did we really hear on KPAX last week Commissioner Suzy Foss plead for some compassion for Valerie Scott Addis Stamey? Did she really say, “This is a life we’re talking about.”? Foss’s hypocrisy and utter lack of self-awareness are stunning. I don’t recall her pleading with her colleagues to consider with compassion the life…

Our Savior Lutheran Church anniversary celebration

Our Savior Lutheran Church of Stevensville celebrates its 60th anniversary on Sunday, June 29th. Through thick and thin the Lord has blessed the congregation of Our Savior with faithful pastors who, led by the Holy Spirit, fed the Lord’s flock at Our Savior with pure teaching of the Gospel and right administration of the Sacraments….

And the kingdom rejoiced

Once upon a time in a small mountain kingdom there dwelt a woman possessed by hubris. One year during the time of choosing, her minions declared they must choose her to hold dominion over the kingdom and to also choose a troll to rule by her side. And so it came to happen and…

Anti-gay stance not extreme

Sunday I had a “brother” at church call me an extremist for my position against gay marriage and refuse to shake my hand. Now, if I have my facts right, no other nation or people in the records of earthly history have ever allowed those involved in deviate sexual relations (in reference to the way…

Voters send resounding message

The recent primary election results in Ravalli county sends a clear and strong message, which is simply, “Do The Right Thing.” There is plenty of hindsight speculation about crossover votes, who voted, who are democrats, who are republicans.  Was the election stolen?  Is it unfair to be an open primary?  That’s fun stuff for…

U.S. won’t benefit from Keystone pipeline

Recently politicians and special interest groups have been running TV ads advocating construction of the Keystone pipeline. The usual claims are that we need it for energy independence and jobs. Neither claim is true. The Keystone pipeline is planned to move foreign oil to the U.S. Gulf Coast, where it will be refined and…

Mill Creek Canyon travesty

My wife and I love living in the Bitterroot. Back in 1996 we were at the north end of a 3000 mile, self-contained mountain bike trip along the Continental Divide, and had seen oodles of beautiful country. But from the moment we dropped down from Gibbons Pass into Sula, laid our eyes upon the…

VA and agencies are top heavy

So much is being expressed regarding VA clinics, and much of it is well documented. Many veterans could add our own frustrations. However, I suggest that the issue is much larger than poor care at the veterans’ level. It is an example of our top heavy government programs that have many levels of bureaucratic…

Unfair tactics

Montana Trappers Association members such as Jason Maxwell, VP, resort to all kinds of underhanded ploys to continue their indiscriminate cruel irresponsible recreation on our public lands. Witnessed by many Montanans, trappers have intimidated and harassed our signature gatherers for I-169 and interfered with the First Amendment and voters’ right to sign the ballot…