Kearns and Sons RS Aesthetics
Guest Comment/Star Editorial

Selfish interest versus public interest

By Jim Rokosch, former Ravalli County Commissioner, Stevensville   The October 26th edition of the Bitterroot Star covered the commendable progress of the Town of Stevensville’s efforts to update the town’s growth policy in order to plan for the future of the community and balance the challenges growth presents with the existing values the community…

Letters to the Editor

Support for Jent for AG

A district judge ruled this week that the state attorney general has the authority to deny City of Deer Lodge the right to participate in the decision to move the Title and Registration Bureau to Helena. The City needs to finish what they started and appeal the decision to the Montana Supreme Court. Pursuant to…

Frightening parallel

The dirty little secret has surfaced: an old photo has surfaced of Adolf Hitler meeting with Haj Amin al Hussein. The outcome of that clandestine meeting reveals that the result was a demon possessed anti-Semitic agreement between radical Islam and the German Nazi Party. The goal would be: wipe out all Jews (Europe & the…

Time for a change in education leaders

There are times when a hard dose of reality is necessary and I believe this is such a time. You will soon be going to the voting booth to cast a vote for our state officials. One will be for the person who will spend the next four years heading the Office of Public Instruction….

Nielsen misses the point

I read with interest the argument proposed by Mr. Rod Nielsen about the number of minority women (African Americans and Indian Americans) who received abortions in the past two generations. He makes some questionable connections between the percentage of the U.S. population and percentage of abortions for each minority. Once again I would ask for…

Support for I-177

For years, trappers have been making up false stories about proposals to restrict recreational and commercial trapping on Montana’s public lands. Recently trappers have been saying the Montana Trap-Free Public Lands initiative (I-177) is funded by out-of-state money. As often happens, the truth has emerged about those falsehoods.  On October 3, the official Montana State…

Support for I-177

David Allen, RMEF President & CEO, has published a call for its members to vote against I-177. Mr. Allen says it would mean an immediate ban on trapping on all Montana public lands. This initiative was thoughtfully written with a view that includes everyone concerned with trapping. I-177 allows trapping for scientists, government agencies, and…

Support for 1-177

Trappers played the rabies card recently, asserting, “trappers of Montana eliminate thousands of predators, which keep rabies at bay.” This is an interesting claim given that “skunks and bats account for more than 90 percent of all reported cases,” according to Montana’s Department of Livestock. The odd cat, dog, horse, and cattle round out the…

If you do not like Trump

Many of you do not like Trump. He is brash, arrogant, sometimes harsh and not politically correct. Vote for him anyway. If Hillary wins this election, America will descend into a Marxist dictatorship before her four-year term is up. Do you really want the freedoms we have left taken away and the government telling you…

Ha, ha, good one, Bob!

Bob Brown, I had to chuckle when I read your letter to the Star (09/21/16) endorsing Hillary Clinton! Ironically, the first time I crossed over to vote for a Democrat was the 2004 Montana Gubernatorial race between you and Brian Schweitzer. I had my reasons – first and foremost, Schweitzer had a better plan to…

Support for I-177

As a young boy, living on the edge of the Pintlers, I had the unique opportunity of spending time with my grandfather hunting and learning to trap and run a trapline. I would not trade that time spent with a great man from a different time for anything. I continued trapping into my late teens….