Kearns and Sons RS Aesthetics
Guest Comment/Star Editorial

Time to create a new high tech vision for our National Forests.

By Margaret Gorski, Stevensville   Senator Daines, you have been in the press a lot lately; 1) on the need for forest management reform to reduce the risk of wildfire and 2) about the High Tech Industry conference you recently held in Missoula. Thank you for promoting a call for action to solve Montana’s problems….

Letters to the Editor

Parties flip-flop

My dad’s grandmother lived more than 80 years, and never voted for a Democrat. On the porch of her farmhouse near Independence, Iowa, in election year 1928, she told him why: “The Democrats killed two of my brothers.”   They were on her porch 63 years after the Civil War, but the emotional wounds of…

Don’t cut Medicaid

I started working in nursing homes and came to assisted living care because my oldest son is disabled and I wanted to help build options for his care long after I’m no longer here to fight for him. For the first time in his life, I’m afraid for his future. We seem to be losing…

‘Healthy’ forests?

As I “enjoy” this “healthy smoke” as the so-called US Forest Service makes “healthy forests,” I reminisce back to a time shortly after the Forest Service, established under the Department of Agriculture, was invented to care for our forests.   To contrast that day with this it would be enlightening to remember some Smokey the…

Nothing ‘great’ about racism

Donald Trump is a racist. After Tuesday there’s no doubt about it. As he ranted to the nation a white sheet was hanging out his pants leg. His performance at the press conference gave support to the Klan, white nationalists, neo Nazis and their despicable creed of hatred and race superiority. He is the enabler-…

Our greatness is under attack

This is my hand being extended as a friend. We do the best we can most of the time. Sometimes we make an error and this is that time. But, in the beginning and the end we are all in this together. What government does to me, it also does to you.   I am…

Living up to the ideals of our Founding Fathers

Think of this. The way for us to be the safest country in the world is for us to embrace the full racial and cultural diversity of our citizens. Now is the best time for us to live up to the ideals of our Founding Fathers of Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Happiness.  …

Fair facts

I am very disheartened to hear multiple “rumors” regarding the Ravalli County Fair & Rockin’ RC Rodeo this year.   Yes there is a gate fee. It has NOT gone up in price from last year. No you don’t have to pay by credit card. It is an option available but not a requirement. There is…

Be a kind human

I was surprised to see no letters about the white supremacist rally in Charlottesville, Virginia, last week in the Star, but local news such as state budget worries and forest fires may take precedence when space is limited.   By now I hope everyone is aware that neo-nazis and the KKK are still among us…

Pretty dull

To shine, or not to shine, that is the question?   Will this POTUS ever accomplish anything of value or positive for the American people and peoples of the world? I am beginning to doubt it. What a missed opportunity to shine!   Joseph G Gallagher Jr Stevensville

Re: Rep. Edward Greef

Good morning to the editor and all who work at a wonderful newspaper. Great job! Anyone can tear down people, their dreams and aspirations. It doesn’t require any degrees, or training. Parents, teachers, mentors, pastors have a lot to do with what our kids do, good or bad. That goes for the public as well…