https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=J92J2F8LA8554
Bitterroot Star Ads
Kearns and Sons
Guest Comment/Star Editorial

Rationale for Fairgrounds levy ballot measure

By Fairgrounds Levy Committee: RAN Pigman, Quinn Kirkland, Jenna Hendrickson, Margaret Andersen, Margaret Yuhas, Linda Stoll, Deborah Rogala, Rod Freeman, Jeff Carter For over 120 years, the Ravalli County Fairgrounds have provided the citizens of, and visitors to, the Bitterroot Valley with important public space – space to congregate with friends, neighbors and family. The…

Letters to the Editor

Study Commission candidate

There are 19 people who would like to sit on the very important Government Study Commission. Only five will be elected. I submit that I, Ron Stoker, am qualified to be one of those elected. As a former legislator who chaired in ’07 the Health and Human Services Committee and in ’09 chaired the Judiciary…

Support for Burrows

The season of politics is upon us and it is time to consider some of the issues, situations, and qualifications of the candidates running for office this November. In the primary election this spring the voters expressed their collective displeasure with the current management of Ravalli County and in the next few weeks they will…

Support for Pearson

What matters when you vote for a Justice of the Peace? Justice is such a tricky word – depending on which side you speak to. We create laws to define a somewhat universal fairness within our society. Still, I have seen judges ignore the law, ignore common sense and make a “judgment” based on personal…

Support for Ray

Jennifer Bedey Ray has worked for Ravalli County Justice Court as my Court Administrator for over 12 years. She is running for Justice of the Peace, Department #1, the position being vacated by Judge Clute. Jennifer is a dedicated public employee, she is very intelligent and over the past 12 years she has learned what…

Support for Jim Bailey

I’m writing in support of justice for Ravalli County, for which Jim Bailey stands. Jim Bailey did an outstanding job for the citizens of Ravalli County as a Detective on the Sheriff force during my years in office. His knowledge of the law, both civil and criminal, is a definite asset to the voters of…

Vote Democrat

The choice is clear for the November elections. Whether it’s local, state, or national races, you should consider voting Democrat. Republicans have moved too far right, even for conservative folks. Witness the local Republican debacles: the Stamey/Treasurer fiasco, lawsuits galore, and managerial incompetence. Montana-wide, Republicans refuse to expand Medicaid to help the working poor. Nationally,…

Support for Ray

I am writing to ask your vote for Jennifer Bedey Ray, Candidate for Justice of the Peace in Court One of Ravalli County Justice Court. I previously worked as a prosecutor for the Ravalli County Attorney’s office for over twelve years. During my work as a prosecutor, Jennifer served as the Court Administrator for Judge…

Support for Pearson

As Court Administrator and substitute Judge for Justice Court for the last 12 years, I am endorsing Jim Pearson for Justice of the Peace. I didn’t know Jim prior to the primary election however, I have spent some time since then getting to know him. He has spent many hours in the courtroom since the…

Support for Burrows

Ravalli County Commissioner Jeff Burrows is running for re-election to the position he has held the past four years. Jeff has earned the respect of his peers by his willingness to listen and learn, and also has earned the respect of his constituents by demonstrating his leadership style in admitting to mistakes and quickly taking…

Fear mongering

Fear makes life easier for Republican politicians: “Be afraid of ISIS! Be afraid of Ebola! Be afraid of losing your guns!” Because as long as Americans panic over the non-issues of the day, real issues that affect everyday people—like greedy corporations calling the shots and climate change—become afterthoughts. And once Republicans have Americans shaking in…