Kearns and Sons RS Aesthetics
Guest Comment/Star Editorial

Negative impact of state library budget cuts

By Montana Library Association Board of Directors : President – Lisa M. Jackson, Vice President – Elizabeth Jonkel, Past President – Dawn Kingstad, Secretary/Treasurer – Mary Guthmiller, ASLD Chair – Aaron LaFromboise, PLD Chair – Kit Stephenson, SLD Co-Chairs – Dianne Mattila, Angela Achuleta, ALA Representative – Matt Beckstrom, MPLA Representative – Rachel Rawn, PNLA…

Letters to the Editor

Cell tower doesn’t belong in cemetery

This Mother’s Day and Memorial Day, many in and around Hamilton will head across the Bitterroot River to the Riverview Cemetery and pay their respects to their loved ones. This peaceful, serene and beautifully maintained cemetery has picturesque views of the mountains and the river where you can reflect on the lives and love of…

Doesn’t represent Montana values

Gianforte has spent $4.6 million not counting the millions spent by the NRA and the National Republican Party to Quist’s $1.42 million spent to date in this election. Gianforte is quoted as appealing to Washington DC lobbyists for more money because Quist has 30,000 supporters while he has only 5000. The math reveals $920 for…

Support for Quist

The race for Montana’s congressional seat is sometimes framed dismissively as a contest between a “business person” and a “musician,” as though it was obvious which was better prepared. Government, however, is not a business, it’s a contract between citizens and their government, absent a profit motive. That contract — the Constitution — declares in…

Who can we trust?

In Gianforte and Quist, we see diametrically opposed viewpoints, yet both declare they’ll protect Montanans’ interests in Washington. I generally ignore the candidates’ personal lives, preferring to stick to issues, but Gianforte’s belief that the earth is only 6000 years old astonishes me, as well as his commitment to a Montana museum that depicts humans…

Support for Gianforte

I write in support of Greg Gianforte for Congress. I think he is the best qualified candidate. We need competent representatives. He has travelled many miles on the road listening to Montanans. He took the time and money to do this. He is a successful businessman and mentors those who want to start businesses with…

Support for Quist

It’s refreshing to see someone that wants to represent the people of Montana and not just “Montana” and out of state interests. He will work for all Montanans. He doesn’t want to drain a swamp, he wants to clean it up so it’s fit to live and work in. He doesn’t want to fight anyone…

A most perfect solution

Human nature is closing in on some certain doings of Mr. Frump and associates in 2016. Closing in like four teeth of a huge vise chuck grip. Squeezing in. Clamping down on doings of Frump and associates in 2016. Subpoenas and indictments may be in the works. However, Mr. Jaded Kushion and Dr. Zen…

Clean up your own mess

To the careless and disrespectful persons who left a campfire burning and too much trash at the site above the Gold Creek Campground on Burnt Fork Road on April 16th – Shame on all of you! Wake up, idiots! The campfire that was left burning that day was large and the pit that was dug…

Courageous Quist

Respectfully. The biggest issue of the Montana special election is the Montana mail-in ballot. Risking defeat by doing the right thing is the very definition of courageous. And in this case what’s right was profoundly clear, unequivocal and laid squarely in the hands of one Republican candidate, Greg Gianforte – a failure in this test…

Leadership

This newspaper is very generous in publishing virtually all the opinion letters it receives, but I question the policy of sometimes changing the titles submitted by the letter writers. Especially during the run-up to an election, doesn’t it pre-empt the reader’s own ability to read and think to label letters “Support for Gianforte” or “Support…