Kearns and Sons RS Aesthetics
Guest Comment/Star Editorial

American Legion deserves praise

By Jim Hamilton, Chaplain, Florence American Legion Post #134   I would like to commend Corvallis American Legion Post #91 for undertaking the mission of ensuring that a deceased former soldier from Noxon receive a funeral service with full military honors (Missoulian, 11/29/17). The veteran, Jerry Sauve, died almost two years ago in a VA…

Letters to the Editor

Commissioners did the right thing

The public spoke and the county commissioners listened. Recently, south valley legislative representative Theresa Manzella scheduled a meeting with the commissioners to ask them to meet with Karen Budd-Falen. Westerners are certainly familiar with Budd-Falen, or if they’re not, they should be. She is a Wyoming attorney who never met a national forest or…

Which laws?

I want to comment about a letter in Nov. 1 paper that Stephanie Mapelli wrote “candidate should know the laws.” I want to say that I called and asked for a sign to support Mark Adams. The sign did not just “pop” up on my lawn–he called and asked permission to place it there….

A budget solution

Okay, I admit it. I am not one of those Gnomes that occupy the Appropriations, Finance & Claims or Taxation Committees in the Legislature. I am a policy guy, who has always sought solutions for problems facing Montana. We have all been listening to the verbal bricks being tossed back and forth from the…

Thanks from Water Forum

I am truly amazed by the community support and excitement for the removal of the old mustang from the West Fork. It was remarkable to see our community come together around this effort and make it happen.  Thank you! The Bitter Root Water Forum has hosted the annual River Clean Up for six years,…

Proud of Ionic Lodge project

Yesterday afternoon our Ionic Masonic Lodge held the first annual Haunted House for the children and adults of Hamilton as well as the surrounding area. As is tradition the City of Hamilton, along with the cooperation of the downtown merchants, holds an annual Halloween day parade, an opportunity for the children to have some…

How about despicable?

This is in response to Mary Fahenstock-Thomas: Mary, let me begin by saying that I am sure you are a fine Christian woman who truly believes that no one deserves our contempt. However, I truly believe that Donald J. Trump is not a deplorable person. He is, however, a despicable creature that was somehow…

Heee’s baaack …

Once again our local invasive liberal progressive Marty Essen has submitted unsubstantiated statistics to support an allegation that is totally erroneous ¬– aka, a lie. Comrade Essen asserts that President Trump has “possibly” caused as many as 20,000 Montanans to lose their health insurance with the “stroke of a pen,” and to “imagine” (to…

Caregivers and seniors need help

I am a mother of 3 and a home care worker with 9 clients, who also takes care of her aging father on the side.  Our clients depend on us caregivers for basically all their needs like cooking meals, dressing and hygiene, grocery shopping and getting to doctor’s appointments.  The services that we provide…

Seniors deserve care, compassion

I am a caregiver in Montana helping seniors and others who are disabled and I’m writing on behalf of myself and as a voice for those who cannot because I’m afraid of what the proposed $240 million budget cut will do to my clients in my community. As a caregiver I work hard helping…

Candidate should know the laws

Mark Adams is one of three candidates running for Town of Stevensville Mayor. This week yard signs supporting his candidacy have popped up around town. I believe MT Code 13-1-101 is the applicable code regulating political signs. The code states in part (3a-b): (3) A statement of candidacy shall include, but not be limited…