Bitterroot Star Ads
Kearns and Sons
Guest Comment/Star Editorial

Bullies attempt to stop local control

By Montana State Senator Jennifer Fielder, Thompson Falls Over the past 3 years, the idea of transferring federally managed public lands to the states has swelled from a small town dream to a full-fledged national movement. As grass roots support grows, organized opposition bolsters their attempts to distort the truth and dirty the reputations of…

Letters to the Editor

No to permissive levy

At the May 21 Stevensville Committee of the Whole meeting, the only agenda item was the employee insurance package for the 2015-2016 fiscal year. The current employees have health, eye and dental insurance. Once again, one of the three options brought up by council member Bill Perrin was to vote on a permissive levy to…

Three Mile irrigation users

Say goodbye to small parcel irrigation in the Three Mile Gravity System if this Sub-District proposed by BRID passes and goes into effect. While you are snugly sitting there thinking it is only going to cost you $10 an acre, in the BRID proposal, it says Agriculture (AG) acres will take precedence for water. Who…

How about getting it straight?

Erin, Erin, Erin. I will defend your right to speak freely and say what you wish, but can you at least get your facts straight? In your last letter (dated 5-19-15) you state that you have paid for 30 years and will own the pipeline free and clear. Take the time to look up MCA…

Help Baby Harbrige

A Chili Feed, Silent Auction and Dessert Auction will be held Friday, June 5 starting at 5 p.m. at the Darby Community Clubhouse to raise money for unborn Baby Harbrige and the unexpected bills of her parents Cody and RaLea. Doors open at 4 p.m. for viewing all silent and live auction items. Chili dinner…

Knights of Columbus thank you

Knights of Columbus Council 13093 of Stevensville wants to thank all who purchased tickets on our Economic Stimulator Raffle. Winners are Larry Neel, first prize, Brad Paulson, second prize, and Gail Dahl, third prize. Dave Weisbeck Stevensville

Campbell letter meaningful

I want to thank you sincerely for printing Larry Campbell’s excellent letter in the May 13th issue of the Star. The moral code imbedded in his message is familiar to many of us who believe that humans must change our ways, in this generation, if we care anything at all about leaving a healthy, flourishing…

The truth is out there

Thank you, Carol Marsh, for your recent letter in the Missoulian concerning Roundup sprayed in Missoula parks. The City Council needs to read the following concerning what Roundup in particular and pesticides in general do to people and especially to their children. Everything listed below should be front-page news! Recently the World Health Organization issued…

Not giving up on raw milk

I used to read a book about Harriet Tubman and the Underground Railroad to my fifth graders. It was a strange concept for them at the beginning of the book since kids think of a railroad as a set of tracks with a train running on the metal rails. We discussed the willingness of these…

Action required in animal abuse case

This letter was sent to both Governor Bullock and Attorney General Fox today, May 13. Re: Animal Abuse at Kountz Arena, Bozeman, MT I call your attention to, and ask your assistance with, one of the most horrendous cases of animal neglect and abuse with which I have ever had the misfortune of being associated….

How about the facts?

Both letters recently placed in the Star state that BRID owns the Three Mile pipeline and thus BRID is responsible for it. Please show me the documentation proving this. I’ve paid thirty years on this pipeline and will own it free and clear in 2016. I have the tax receipts to prove this. Ownership by…