Bitterroot Star Ads Kearns and Sons RS Aesthetics
Guest Comment/Star Editorial

Irrigators’ ‘Stupid Bowl’ about to begin

By TC Richardson, Stevensville I never thought I’d be confessing my stupidity in the newspapers, but I just found out that I am suing myself and am likely to pay for both lawyers! My only defense is that it didn’t happen all at once; more like the recipe for boiling a frog, it happens over…

Letters to the Editor

Re: Local Government Study Commission

Good local government necessarily requires an informed and knowledgeable electorate. To this end the efforts of the Local Government Study Commission should be focused on what provides adequate and easily acquired information upon which voters can make their decisions. For this purpose I believe political party designation is a crucial, maybe even the most effective,…

Forget the labels

Thank you, Jerry Haslip, for your comment that conservatives think liberals have their heads in the sand and a tendency to think the sky is falling. Liberals probably feel exactly the same about conservatives. If we omit the labels, the two sides clearly have a lot in common! So let’s forget the labels and be…

Not in my country

Anyone believing that bringing Muslims into this country is a good idea isn’t looking at what’s happening in Europe. Europeans are horrified at rapes occurring by Muslim men against innocent women in their countries. Islamic law states that seizure of infidel women and their use as sex slaves is sanctioned. In Germany on New Year’s…

Thanks to Florence community

The Florence Civic Club thanks the many volunteers and anonymous gifting angels for their support in making the 2015 Share Tree and Toys for Tots projects successful again. In this 11th year for the projects, community support made possible warm clothing and toys for approximately 50 local children ranging in age from 2 weeks to…

The problem with liberals

Never underestimate a liberal’s inability to rationalize, or their demonstrated ability to write volumes about inconsequential facts! Even when confronted by evidence that global cooling is not man caused, a liberal continues with two approaches to understanding life’s realities – head in the sand and Chicken Little! Jerry Haslip Victor

Thanks from Legion Auxiliary

The Ladies of the American Legion Auxiliary Ravalli Unit 47 would like to say thank you to the following people who made decorating the cemetery in honor of our Veterans possible: To the Masonic Ladies and Gentlemen who made the wreath, thank you. The wreath is beautifully and tastefully done. To Al Wyland who made…

Here comes the whiny crybaby dance again

As I’m watching Republicans and gun rights activists do their usual whiny crybaby dance, because President Obama took a reasonable step to protect human lives, I can’t help wonder why they think the Second Amendment deserves absolute status when other amendments do not. Interpretation of the First Amendment, for instance, is flexible enough to accommodate…

Let’s replace these guys!

After hearing and reading that our ‘supposed representatives’ of this Ravalli County, the Commissioners, all five of them, once again voted to cost us taxpayers more money, I had to speak out. Taxpayers’ expenses with these guys, so far, has cost us over $1,000,000 (yes, that is ONE MILLION) plus around $100,000 more. They are…

Put election info in both papers

Perhaps in recent years, a Ravalli County Attorney has communicated to the Ravalli Commissioners to follow their duty and contract to place county advertisements in a newspaper which is being published in Ravalli County. Perhaps a County Attorney said that it’s getting more difficult to absolutely argue that the Ravalli Republic is in fact mostly…

Thanks for public service

We would like to take this opportunity to say a well deserved “thank you” to Gene Mim Mack, Bill Perrin, and Tim Hunter. We appreciate the time and effort that you gave to our Stevensville community, serving as mayor and town council members. Gene became mayor at a time when our community was facing many…