https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=J92J2F8LA8554
Bitterroot Star Ads
Kearns and Sons
Guest Comment/Star Editorial

Considering Eastside Hwy improvements

By Margaret Gorski, Stevensville   Last Tuesday I attended the open house on the proposed improvements to the Eastside Highway (Secondary 203) from Florence to Stevensville. If you have not heard of this project, now is the time to study it and give the Montana Department of Transportation (MDT) your comments. The MDT’s opening proposal…

Letters to the Editor

Best choices

On Wednesday, October 8, I attended the candidates’ forum conducted by Glenda Wiles in Hamilton. I welcomed the opportunity to hear the candidates for the open seats on the County Commission and for the Justice of the Peace openings. The questions asked of all candidates were very thoughtful and relevant. In my over 60 years…

Support for Ostrander

I begin this letter by stating that I am a registered Republican, residing in Ravalli County District Five. After careful review of the information provided about each of the two candidates running for this office, I am convinced—by both his education and considerable business experience—that Marlin Ostrander, Sr. stands as clear choice for County Commissioner….

Support for Ray

It is my honor to highly recommend Jennifer Ray as your next Justice of the Peace for Department #1. Jennifer already has the skills and experience to step onto the bench as a full time judge. Jennifer has worked in the Ravalli County Justice Department for the last 12 years as Court Administrator for Judge…

Support for Burson

There are a great many reasons why Clint Burson is the best candidate for County Commissioner District 4. They are out there for all to see if one takes the time to look. Let me focus on just one, planning for the future growth in our county . First, let me be clear, Clint has…

Support for Burrows

I am asking you to please join me in supporting Jeff Burrows in his bid for re-election as County Commissioner from District 4. The reasons for supporting Jeff are many. Since his first day in office he has listened to citizens and staff, researched the issues and lead toward the resolution of those issues. He…

Support for Ray

Jennifer Ray has my support for Ravalli County Justice of the Peace, Dept. 1 because experience counts. Justice Courts routinely deal with citizen’s rights and property and applies the laws enacted by the Legislature. The Justice Court bench is no place for the inexperienced. Jennifer’s previous 12 years experience with the important work of Justice…

Support for Burrows

Clear Choice. After attending local forums and discussing, personally, the issues with commissioner candidates, I see a clear choice in one of the races. If you believe, as I do, that you should be the owner and primary planner and user of property you honestly earned and own, then I believe that candidate Jeff Burrows…

Support for Ray

Jennifer Bedey Ray grew up just down the street from my home, and I know her and her family very well. Her record of lifelong service to others in our community speaks for itself. Add to that her proven experience in the justice system, which includes outstanding performance of all the duties of a substitute…

Support for fairgrounds levy

It’s been a tough sell, trying to convince voters that the Fairgrounds need the financial help that the proposed 5-mill levy will bring. Especially here in Hamilton where we are all going to be seeing a roughly 42% increase in our property taxes. In the “timing is everything” category, this tax increase couldn’t come at…

Campaign finance issue

I am James Youso, Democratic candidate for House District 85. I believe in our system of government and believe it is our duty as citizens to make government work for all. We are a nation of laws which are the framework of the system. That is why I was appalled to discover, recently, that my…