Kearns and Sons RS Aesthetics
Guest Comment/Star Editorial

New Congressional health care plan – a devastating blow to Montana’s public schools & students

By Kirk Miller, Executive Director, School Administrators of Montana   Today, as every day, teachers called the names of more than 140,000 students, as they took attendance in Montana’s 821 public schools. For the thousands of children who file into our classrooms, school is more than a place to learn. In-school programs and practices ensure…

Letters to the Editor

Support for Quist

My mailbox is choking on large, slick mailers from the Gianforte campaign that rip Rob Quist limb from limb with lies. This type of campaign flogging is so poisonous. So dispiriting. Making me wonder, will we, as a country, be able to stay, by the current slimmest of threads, tethered to the likelihood of reconstructing…

What to do now

Now is the time for all Montanans to come to the aid of our democracy. Our three political parties are disabled. Only a tiny percentage of thousands of precinct committee positions are currently filled by persons who completed election declarations, got them notarized, filed them with their county’s Clerk and Recorder, and stood to be…

Educate yourself

In response to ‘who can we trust’, you must be an atheist. Yes the earth is only 6,000 years old and there is plenty of proof to confirm that. Don’t cite carbon dating, this has been disproved by samples from Mt. St. Helens. There is more scientific evidence to prove there’s no global warming than…

Support for Quist

For eighteen months now in an effort to buy an office, any office, Greg Gianforte and his monied friends in DC have flooded our airwaves and mailboxes with a barrage of negative ads. His latest line of attack is to tell us we can’t trust a man who doesn’t pay his bills. However, in the…

Outraged

I am outraged. How is it that law enforcement can yell at and bully me, and I cannot yell at and bully them? How is it that the court bureaucrats can disrupt and interfere with my life, and I cannot set a mandatory time and date that forces them to show up at my house?…

Cell tower doesn’t belong in cemetery

This Mother’s Day and Memorial Day, many in and around Hamilton will head across the Bitterroot River to the Riverview Cemetery and pay their respects to their loved ones. This peaceful, serene and beautifully maintained cemetery has picturesque views of the mountains and the river where you can reflect on the lives and love of…

Doesn’t represent Montana values

Gianforte has spent $4.6 million not counting the millions spent by the NRA and the National Republican Party to Quist’s $1.42 million spent to date in this election. Gianforte is quoted as appealing to Washington DC lobbyists for more money because Quist has 30,000 supporters while he has only 5000. The math reveals $920 for…

Support for Quist

The race for Montana’s congressional seat is sometimes framed dismissively as a contest between a “business person” and a “musician,” as though it was obvious which was better prepared. Government, however, is not a business, it’s a contract between citizens and their government, absent a profit motive. That contract — the Constitution — declares in…

Who can we trust?

In Gianforte and Quist, we see diametrically opposed viewpoints, yet both declare they’ll protect Montanans’ interests in Washington. I generally ignore the candidates’ personal lives, preferring to stick to issues, but Gianforte’s belief that the earth is only 6000 years old astonishes me, as well as his commitment to a Montana museum that depicts humans…

Support for Gianforte

I write in support of Greg Gianforte for Congress. I think he is the best qualified candidate. We need competent representatives. He has travelled many miles on the road listening to Montanans. He took the time and money to do this. He is a successful businessman and mentors those who want to start businesses with…