Bitterroot Star Ads Census Jobs Kearns and Sons RS Aesthetics
Guest Comment/Star Editorial

Thank you to Roaring Lion firefighters

By Wally and Judy Grewe, Hamilton Many of us affected by the Roaring Lion fire are now trying to get back to our normal lives or what may be the new normal. We were one of the lucky ones. Our home was not damaged and is totally intact along with other outbuildings. However, many of…

Letters to the Editor

Politics and the military

I’m a bit confused with the guest column that U.S. Rep. Ryan Zinke wrote and was published in the 8/5/16 Missoulian. He states that politics has no role in the military and wants both Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton to apologize to the families and service members they have offended. Most of us know what…

Health centers providing essential service

National Health Center Week is a national campaign that runs August 7-13th with the goal of raising awareness about the mission and accomplishments of America’s health centers over the course of more than five decades. One of the bright spots in America’s healthcare system, health centers started over 50 years ago as a pilot project…

Response to ‘a nudge to Will Rogers’

Will Rogers was certainly rolling in his grave when last Wednesday’s edition of the Star hit the press. Mr. Richardson quoted “everybody is ignorant only on different subjects.” So true! I know little about the BRID controversy, or Citizens for Fair Water. But I do know that since Mr. Rokosch left his position at the…

Support for ‘Decision America’ tour

I am sure many of you do not realize that Franklin Graham (Billy Graham’s son) is holding outdoor rallies on the capitol grounds of every state capitol in America throughout 2016. As of July 19th they have spoken in 32 states, with a total attendance of about 150,000. The purpose of the “Decision America” tour…

A nudge to Will Rogers

To the younger generation of readers, there was a fella named Will Rogers, who some years back had a newspaper column and a radio program that resonated with the common folks of his day (google “Will Rogers Quotes”). You seasoned citizens may remember Will’s quote: “Everybody is ignorant, only on different subjects.” Now, I know…

Re: West Fork

Thank you for Chuck Stranahan’ s article  on the West Fork of the Bitterroot. I have fished this small river for 30 years and the last 13 we spend our summers on the West Fork. The number of dead and dying fish I see on the river has dramatically escalated in the last 3 years.and…

Not really a problem

This is in response to the lady who thinks that those of us who carry our dogs in the back of pickups are stupid owners. Rather than sit behind your computer and tell us rural folks how much you disagree with how we do things you should take a few minutes and talk with those…

CFW, have you no shame?

It has been mentioned before how the “massive four-member movement” (thank you Willie) of folks who call themselves “Citizens for Fair Water” have offered nothing but Rescinding Petitions, and False Information in their war against the “Three Mile Irrigators” and their forming a Subdistrict. TO SAY AGAIN, “The Citizens for Fair Water have not offered…

Lone Rock trustee needed

The Board of Trustees at Lone Rock has received a letter of resignation from Deanne Stewart. We would like to thank Deanne for her years of service and commitment to the Lone Rock community. The Board will be accepting letters of interest for this vacant position. If you are interested, please send a letter of…

Support Stevi Farmers Market

True, there are bigger farmers’ markets in the area. But the Stevensville Market has grown and offers the public a wide range of goods to shop, eat, and play. We have local produce and fresh chicken, duck and turkey eggs, jams and jellies, yummy baked goods (even gluten free!), fabric art, photography, jewelry, handmade soaps,…