Bitterroot Star Ads Gail Gutsche For PSC Kearns and Sons RS Aesthetics
Guest Comment/Star Editorial

Support for current form of Hamilton government

By Al Mitchell, Hamilton   Making a change, simply for the sake of change, rarely works out. As a former Hamilton city councilman, I am perplexed by the Hamilton Study Commission’s recommendation to change our form of government from mayor-council to a charter-based system with a council and City Manager. Throughout the study process, there…

Letters to the Editor

Info wanted

I am making a request to the public for any historical information related to the bell that used to be in Lewis and Clark Park in Stevensville. I am working with the Stevensville Historical Museum on my Eagle Scout project. My project is to paint the bell, build a new structure for it at the…

Support for Chilcott

As I told Greg Chilcott when he was the President of the Montana Association of Counties in 2013, county commissioner was the worse job in elective politics. The commission has relatively little control over the laws they must operate under and are close enough to the people to be bombarded with complaints. Greg for many…

‘Reality check’ – really?

I am not prone to respond to individual letters to the editor very often. But Mr. John Gibney’s, in the May 4 edition of the Star, requires a concerned response. While I do not attempt to change your point of view, Mr. Gibney, I would like to see reasoned and accurate discussion about the refugee…

Thanks from MtGives

On May 3, nonprofits in the Bitterroot reached out for support from our community. There was awesome support from KLYQ, 107.9, the Ravalli Republic, KECI, and the Star. Clatters Coffee Shop hosted us and gave discounts on their drinks. To all of these businesses, we thank you for helping us get the word out. We…

Enough with the dead animals

Really? This is the only thing you people can put on the front page of your paper? The grotesque picture of a 14 year old with another beautiful animal that was killed by him. Nothing else of note going on in all of Ravalli County? Lots of us are getting really tired of pictures of…

Republicans and the environment

Oh, my! I read every review my books get, and on Amazon my latest, “Endangered Edens,” is doing great. Until recently it had a rating so high, it was almost unbelievable. Of the 40 reviews, 37 were 5-star, and none were lower than 4-star. Then some right wingers found my book. For some reason the…

Vote for change in Hamilton government

Let’s hire a City Manager to run the City of Hamilton! In June, City of Hamilton registered voters will be offered a chance to change the way our local government is structured. The City of Hamilton Study Commission is proposing a City Manager/Council form of government. This will allow the City Council to hire a…

Thank you for Water Symposium

A big thank you is deserved by the Bitterroot College, George Furniss and Heather Barber from the Bitterroot Water Forum for sponsoring the great Bitterroot Water Symposium on Friday. It was a great day of learning from knowledgeable speakers about our Bitterroot water, the source of life. As the protections of our water are eroded…

Support for Manzella

Theresa Manzella is a best choice for the people of House District 85 in Ravalli County. Based on the time we shared at the legislature, I know Theresa to be a legislator who can be counted on to do what she says she will do. She is true to her convictions of constitutionally limited government,…

Thank you from Water Forum

Thank you! To all the volunteers, people and organizations who made our project on the East Fork possible – we could not have done it without you. In April the Bitter Root Water Forum completed a project revegetating 530 feet along the East Fork between highway 93 and the river. We could not be more…